BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 14, 2011

"In the Hands of the Youths, Our Future Lies" by Ritolyn Paller (A COKE ESSAY ENTRY)

Upon getting a paper and a pen, I cannot think of anything beautiful to write down, but then I suddenly thought for awhile and realize that I don't need to sound good just to persuade my readers to like what I have had written, all I need is to be true and be who I am when writing. When I was walking through the side of the road upon going home from work, I saw a lot of street children asking and begging for money to buy some foods to eat. I was moved to tears because they had touched the deepest part of my inner self, my conscience. I felt sad because I cannot do anything for them aside from giving them the bread that I just bought from a store. I thought all about these young people who had just inspired me with their own little ways when I was given the chance to think of a certain plan, a plan that could make a difference for the change of our country.


"The more we increase the active participation and partnership with young people, the better we serve them. And the more comprehensively we work with them as service partners, the more we increase our public value to the entire community.” This quotation triggers the sphere of my soul and this is the main reason why I really wanted the young people to be involved with this commotion because I, myself believed that we cannot change the world in one snap but rather, we can be that little difference that could create a change when we work hand in hand.

I couldn't forget the story that my mother told me when she was still alive, that one of her dreams when she was still a child was to drink a coca-cola for she couldn't afford to buy one at that time because her money was enough for her daily expenditure for school. My parents were business related people and had their big breaks in their lives when they had managed a small sari-sari store until they became wholesalers of softdrinks and beers and later, stop the business for my mother had a breast cancer stage 3, at the same time, our family encountered a financial crisis and unfortunately, she died last May 2011. At first, my mother's dream sounded so funny to me but I was overwhelmed with that very simple dream and this is why I am always motivated in life. Coke became an instrument for the progress of my family and I thought, without Coke, my mother's dream will not be possible at all.



This is my way to give Coke my thanksgiving to them for they had given us their service for so many years of giving joy, happiness and inspiration through their advertisements and of course, through their products as well. In connection with the plan that I wanted to make possible, I wanted to invite all the young people from Cebu to be a part of a once a year event that will give them the chance to show what they got. All young people will be grouped accordingly by registering their names first. Through this, they will have the chance to know each other and will develop their sense of being sociable to others. There will be a lot of competitions like slogan making contest, MAYHABA contest (which means, 'MAy HAlaga sa BAsura' using Coke products only for their recycle materials) ,recreational games, Ms. Coke, 'JAM TA BAI' (a group of young people who will be invited to play some music in related to the event) and most importantly, speakers will be invited to give some inspirational message for the youths for them to have something to bring with to the rest of their lives that will help them to grow as a person and be encouraged to keep going in life.

The most wonderful feeling in the world is when you are given the chance to live another day not just for the sake of living but because you wanted to become an inspiration to others and their lives are changed because of those little kind words that you had shared to them which echoes endlessly. In partnership of Coca-Cola Company, all these are possible. Young people of today, believe on what you believe and let us all soar high.

Be the change that you wanted to be.

0 reactions: